The eastern-most state of the Indian sub-continent, Assam is a land of rich biodiversity and rare wildlife. Amidst the rolling plains, dense forests and swift rivers, grows some of the most valuable silk and tea in the world. Notably, more than half of India’s petroleum is pumped from the state.
1. The Assam government has launched an ‘Angel Fund’ to help first generation entrepreneurs of the state to start business start-ups. Under the fund, people can take loans up to Rs 5 lakh at 5% interest per annum. For micro enterprises, no interest will be charged during the moratorium period for a maximum of 10 months.
2. Entrepreneurship Development and Industrialization, NABARD
3. Entrepreneurship & Management Development and Industrialization Technology Up gradation & Quality, SIDBI
4. Entrepreneurship Development Programme, National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Board
5. Small Scale Industry Entrepreneurship Development Schemes, SSI
INSTITUTE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP, Guwahati:
To undertake training, research and consultancy activities in small and micro enterprises focusing on entrepreneurship development Entrepreneurship development programme, Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University
Entrepreneurship development programme, Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University
In Summary – Assam and Entrepreneurship:
Like in every developing state, Small Scale Industries have a vital role to play in the process of industrialization, employment generation and in fulfillment of socio-economic objectives in Assam. With the oilfield of opportunities that Assam is, we’re convinced that there is a lot of action in its entrepreneurial ecosystem that we’ve missed.
To know more about how Assam is building a vibrant entrepreneurship ecosystem, click here.
Data Sources For Assam:
Note: Policy details provided here are for the purpose of information only. Please verify the latest information from the relevant Government or MSME website of the state. Other data and information is curated from various websites and public documents. In case you have any corrections, additions, or suggestions, please share the same with us, and we’ll be happy to incorporate them here.