Being an entrepreneur is stressful especially when you go solo. It’s because you’re wearing so many different hats. You’re performing so many functions. The life of many entrepreneurs is filled with hard work, long hours, and stress from both personal and professional lives. Therefore, stress management is an essential skill for entrepreneurs. Whatever the issues are, it’s important that you understand how to manage stress so you can continue moving forward with your business. Some life hacks to manage that stress along the way:
• Meditation: When you learn how to use meditation for stress, it will help you maintain the right mental state regardless of your challenges. You will be far more effective when you’re in the right head space. Research suggests that meditation helps to lower your stress levels, helps to aid anxiety and depression, and decreases your blood pressure.
• Focus on the good: If possible, stick to the things you’re good at. Try to focus on the tasks that you enjoy. Outsource the rest. Also, know your limitations, it’s not right to act like a superhuman but sometimes learn to say NO.
• Seek diversions away from work: It could be a new hobby, vacation, learning a new skill or may be just playing an outdoor sport. Don’t be afraid to take a break – it’s actually an effective stress management technique. And don’t rush your break either, take as long as you need before you feel ready to continue tackling your tasks.
• Excercise: Great way to burn the crazy and remain connected to your wellbeing. After all what’s life or business worthy of if you are not happy and healthy! Make sure that you stay consistent. If you’re hitting the gym, set aside specific evenings (or mornings) of the week which you’ll dedicate to your workouts.
• Break down the Problem: Take some time and think about what it is exactly that’s making you feel stressed. It’ll look much more manageable if you break it down, and face the task in smaller segments. Soon you’ll have a list of micro-tasks that you’ll need to tackle, and you’ve already listed down a clear path to success.
• Socialize: If you’re the type of person who feels energized after hanging out with some friends, try to do it more often – it can help you to wind down and come back to work feeling refreshed.
If you’ve got any questions about stress management let us know in the discussion forum on the App.